Los Angeles & San Diego
Careers at the Lovaas Institute are challenging, fun, interesting, and very rewarding! The Lovaas Institute is committed to providing intensive, high-quality training, supervision, and mentorship to our staff so that they are, in turn, positioned to provide high-quality, effective treatment to our clients. The Lovaas Institute stands apart from other providers through:
Extensive, individualized training
Support of highly invested supervisors
Small caseloads to foster a strong rapport with your clients
Advancement opportunities throughout employment
Personalized small teams and inclusion of parents & other caregivers
When you love what you do, it’s not just a job. It’s your calling.
The Lovaas Institute is passionate about its services and believes in supporting all employees in achieving success. Our long-standing company culture values the contributions of ALL team members. With integrity, creativity, and empathy, our teams work together to create lasting and meaningful change.
Partners in Possibilities
Your passion can only add to our great team. There is no one ideal candidate well-suited for a career in ABA. Our clients benefit the most when they learn from a variety of individuals, including people from diverse cultural backgrounds and with unique perspectives and experiences. We seek and celebrate diversity among our team and the communities we serve.
The Lovaas Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
The Role of Behavior Technician/Behavior Therapist
Behavior Technicians are the primary interventionists of our treatment teams.
They are trained to provide dynamic, individualized 1:1 therapy across a variety of settings, including the child’s home, school, and/or community. Service implementation follows the recommended teaching strategies and interventions designed by the Clinical Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Special Education, Early Intervention, or a related major is preferred
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential or RBT 40-hour training certificate strongly preferred
- Employees without a credential will be assisted in obtaining RBT during paid training
- Previous experience with autism/ABA is preferred
- Previous experience working with children is required
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Welcoming of trainer guidance
- Strong communication skills
- Dependable and consistent
- Comfortable working with children who display behavior challenges
The Role of Clinical Supervisor/Behavior Analyst
Clinical Supervisors design and monitor service delivery for clients and families. Procedures follow behavior analytic principles and are focused on maximizing each child’s success. Supervisors provide their team with direct training and guidance and collaborate with parents and professionals in the development and implementation of the client’s treatment plan.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or Licensed Behavior Specialist.
- At least 2 years of experience designing and implementing Applied Behavior Analytic programs to children on the Autism spectrum
- Strong commitment to current behavior analytic research and evidence-based practices
- Self-motivated, good time management skills, organized
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Invested in mentoring and supporting the growth of team members
- Committed to collaborating with parents and other professionals
Additional Requirements for all Roles
- Continuous access to a reliable car – (in most cases, Uber and bus/subway transportation do not offer the flexibility needed for this position)
- Valid Driver’s License
Benefits for All Employees
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid drive time plus mileage reimbursement for travel between clients/job sites
- Supervised fieldwork experience (BCBA/BCaBA) offered to eligible employees
Additional Benefits Full-Time Employees
- Paid time off (paid vacation time, sick leave, paid holidays)
- Health and dental insurance; vision coverage; variety of supplemental benefits
- Greater Los Angeles area
- San Diego County
If this career path speaks to you, reach out to us so we can explore available opportunities:
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may call our office: (310) 410-4450
View our current ads on Indeed: Lovaas on Indeed